Android 5.0 Lollipop Review

Shaman

I think Google really hit the nail on the head with Android Lollipop. It evokes the same sort of feeling that the release of iOS 7 did, without some of the negative experiences that followed. Getting a brand new interface is always exciting, as it can dramatically change how it feels to use your phone. Moving from KitKat to Lollipop still provides you with a familiar Android experience, but it almost feels like getting a brand new phone in a way. There's a brand new UI, and big improvements to performance. But unlike the upgrade to iOS 7, Android Lollipop hasn't plagued my devices with application crashes and other bugs. In fact, I haven't really noticed any significant bugs at all after upgrading to Lollipop, which says a great deal about the work Google has put into testing to make sure things are stable. 

Of course, the last thing to discuss about an Android update is whether or not you're going to get it. Unfortunately, I still can't answer this question for most users. Android's nature means that Google doesn't have any influence over users receiving their updates, except the users that have Nexus and Google Play Edition devices. Although I can't guarantee you an update, I can say that the situation is looking good for more users than it has in the past. We've seen updates ship in record time from companies like LG, NVIDIA, and Motorola, and they should be commended for putting in the effort to get updates out to users in a reasonable time. Other companies like HTC have made promises to update their flagship devices from this year and last year to Lollipop within a 90 day time frame. While this doesn't cover every Android user in the world, it covers more users than we've ever seen in the past.

Περισσότερα: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8628/the-android-50-lollipop-review

Έγινε επεξεργασία από Shaman
  • Like 7

Με αξιοσημείωτες αλλαγές μεταξύ άλλων:

• τη μετάβαση από dalvik σε ART (just-in-time σε ahead of time και καλύτερο memory allocation + garbage collection) και την αντίστοιχη βελτίωση απόδοσης
  • "βαθύτερο" camera API με ταχύτερες και καλύτερες λειτουργίες

το γραφικό περιβάλλον, αλλά και κάτι project volta κλπ δεν τα σχολιάζω μέχρι να δούμε αξιόπιστα δείγματα γραφής...

Εσύ @Shaman, πότε θα το γυρίσεις? :p

Πρόπερσι πήρα ένα κινέζικο ταμπλετάκι Vido N70HD (το οποίο βγήκε σούπερ btw), πέρυσι ένα Moto G και φέτος ένα Moto G 2nd Gen.

Μη ρωτήσεις περισσότερα - πάντως βγάλαμε το χρέος μας προς τη Google.   :rolleyes:

Έγινε επεξεργασία από Shaman

Αρα να περιμενουμε αναβαθμισεις και στα υπολοιπα ή νωρις ειναι ακομα?

LG και Motorola δίνουν ήδη, οι περισσότερες γνωστές εταιρείες έχουν ανακοινώσει χρονοδιαγράμματα. Ενδεικτικά:

http://www.androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-phone-update-news

• Like 1

ρε παιδια το moto g (2nd gen) γιατι δεν βγάζει update για lolipop?

*του έχω κάνει ολα τα αλλα update, αλλα μου λεει οτι ειναι ενημερωμενο. Εχει 4.4.4

Έγινε επεξεργασία από Bonito

ρε παιδια το moto g (2nd gen) γιατι δεν βγάζει update για lolipop? *του έχω κάνει ολα τα αλλα update, αλλα μου λεει οτι ειναι ενημερωμενο. Εχει 4.4.4

έχεις root/custom rom/kernel ??  γενικά για το 5.0 πρέπει να έχεις εντελώς στοκ συσκευή διαφορετικά απλά δεν θα περάσει ...

ps. Δεν με έχει πείσει η 5/5.0.1 γενικά (είμαι σε nexus 5) .. Απλά βαριέμαι να κάνω downgrade

Στο S5 ακόμα δεν έχει έρθει το update σε EU (Italy) συσκευή.

Μόνο Πολώνια από οτι διαβάζω, φαντάζομαι αρχές του 15 θα το δούμε. 

ΥΓ: Κυκλοφορεί το ROM απο την SamsungMobile αμα θές βεβαια.

έχεις root/custom rom/kernel ?? γενικά για το 5.0 πρέπει να έχεις εντελώς στοκ συσκευή διαφορετικά απλά δεν θα περάσει ...

ps. Δεν με έχει πείσει η 5/5.0.1 γενικά (είμαι σε nexus 5) .. Απλά βαριέμαι να κάνω downgrade

Στοκ τελείως