Κρυπτογραφία για προγραμματιστές

Jaco

Δεν περιμενα πως θα εφτανε η στιγμη που τα λεγομενα του Stallman θα εξισωνονταν με αυτα του Schneier

3) Assume that while your computer can be compromised, it would take work and risk on the part of the NSA – so it probably isn't. If you have something really important, use an air gap. Since I started working with the Snowden documents, I bought a new computer that has never been connected to the internet. If I want to transfer a file, I encrypt the file on the secure computer and walk it over to my internet computer, using a USB stick. To decrypt something, I reverse the process. This might not be bulletproof, but it's pretty good.

Long live RMS, τα συγνωμη μου που σε αμφισβητησα

• 3 weeks later...
Κάτι τέτοιο - αν δε βαριέσαι.

Το βέβαιο είναι ότι, όσο προσεκτικός κι αν είσαι, κάποια στιγμή κάτι θα σου ξεφύγει και θα βρεθείς εκτεθειμένος.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Great. So you’ve recently suggested five tips for how people can make it much harder, if not impossible, to get snooped. These include using various encryption technologies and location-obscuring methods. Is that the solution?

My five tips suck. They are not things the average person can use. One of them is to use PGP [a data-encryption program]. But my mother can’t use PGP. Maybe some people who read your publication will use my tips, but most people won’t.

Basically, the average user is screwed. You can’t say “Don’t use Google”—that’s a useless piece of advice. Or “Don’t use Facebook,” because then you don’t talk to your friends, you don’t get invited to parties, you don’t get laid. It’s like libertarians saying “Don’t use credit cards”; it just doesn’t work in the real world.

The Internet has become essential to our lives, and it has been subverted into a gigantic surveillance platform. The solutions have to be political. The best advice for the average person is to agitate for political change.

Από εδώ.

The US National Security Agency (NSA)surveillance programmes (PRISM) and Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act(FISA) activities and their impact on EU citizens' fundamental rights (pdf)

Abstract

In light of the recent PRISM-related revelations, this briefing note analyzes the

impact of US surveillance programmes on European citizens’ rights. The note

explores the scope of surveillance that can be carried out under the US FISA

Amendment Act 2008, and related practices of the US authorities which have very

strong implications for EU data sovereignty and the protection of European citizens’

rights.

Σχετικά καλή προσπάθεια να προσεγγίσει το θέμα συνολικά. Είναι λίγο απογοητευτικό να τα διαβάζεις συγκεντρωμένα, αλλά προτείνω να διαβάσετε τουλάχιστον την τρίτη ενότητα, με τίτλο:

STRATEGIC OPTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT

Archived