Utilities

Fraps 2.9.7

- Fixed 64-bit applications crashing soon after loading

- Fixed low quality sound recording with Left 4 Dead under Windows XP

- Fixed graphic corruption in X-Plane (and other OpenGL titles)

- Fixed crash when recording a DirectX 9 game and changing resolution

- Fixed Fraps not detecting games after being run at Windows startup

- Fixed hotkeys not responding when Alt held down

- Fixed monitoring of Vista DWM after a full-screen application has exited

- Fixed Fluidmark displaying a blank screen with Fraps loaded

- Fixed FS9 crashing when menu activated while recording

- Fixed DWMAPI error on some Windows XP installs

- Improved recording speed of DirectX9 games in Vista SP1 and SP2 beta

- Added warning if no sound recording device found under Windows 2000 or XP

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

RealTemp 2.90 RC4

I've decided to re-work the RealTemp code that displays the cpu multiplier. It's easy to read the multiplier from a Core CPU but waking a CPU up to ask it what multiplier it's at, or was at, can change the results. It might be asleep at 6.0 for 99.99% of a sample period but waking it up to read it could cause it to jump up and report 9.0 or some other number.

Intel provides counters in Core 2 and Core i7 processors and shows an easy method that can be used to accurately and quickly compute the average multiplier during a sample period.

When I first saw CPU-Z reporting a multiplier of 22.5 for rge's Core i7-940, I thought it was a bug since I can't find any Intel documentation that shows half (0.5) multipliers exist for Core i7. I think the half multi only exists in the 45nm Core 2 series.

After thinking about this for a while I've decided to join CPU-Z and also start reporting half multipliers for both Core i7 and Core 2. Technically, they may not be 100% accurate but I think they do provide users with some additional and useful information.

RealTemp used to round off multipliers to the nearest whole number for Core i7. When the Turbo mode would first start to become disengaged on some Core i7 motherboards, CPU-Z would start to show a half multiplier like 22.5 while RealTemp would continue to show 23.0. It may be impossible for a Core i7 CPU to be at a multiplier of 22.5 but reporting that does inform a user that something is going on and Turbo mode is no longer fully engaged. I have to agree with CPU-Z that a 0.5 multi in this situation is useful information. On some Core i7 motherboards as you reach the thermal wall, the multiplier will oscillate between 22 and 23 as Turbo mode kicks in and out. RealTemp can measure the exact multiplier so rounding off to the nearest 0.5 multiplier seems like a good idea.

When playing around with my Q6600 I also noticed that when software reports a single number for the multiplier, it may not be telling you what's really going on. Depending on Windows power settings, I found that one Dual Core in my Quad could be fairly steady with a 9.0 multiplier while the other Dual Core was mostly at 6.0. Software that reports either 9.0 or 6.0 may not be telling the whole story. Here's an interesting example.

My Q6600 can be tricked so one of the dual cores runs with a 6.0 multiplier while the other one is set to a 9.0 multiplier even at full load running Prime. I used CPU-Z to read one core from each dual core. My picture shows the confusion but RealTemp comes to the rescue. It averages the multiplier for all cores and reports 7.5. If one dual core is running at 2000 MHz and the other one at 3000 MHz then the average is reported as 2500 MHz with an average multiplier of 7.5.

[ATTACH]4495[/ATTACH]

That sounds a little weird but I think this accurately tells a user exactly what's going on inside their CPU. This code that was originally designed for the Core i7 guys also provides useful information for Core 2. If you see your multi jumping all over the place at idle in RealTemp, that's a sign that your bios and Windows power settings are fighting against each other.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/RealTempBeta.zip

post-543-1414343223,2112_thumb.png

AMD OverDrive 2.1.5

[ATTACH]4521[/ATTACH]

-Fixed AutoClock will cause VUP.

-Fixed error message with GPU BIOS.

-Fixed wrong CPU temperature.

-Fixed RV770 memory capacity and frequency incorrect.

-Fixed CPU frequency incorrect.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx?p=1

post-196-1414343226,1781_thumb.jpg

Core Damage Version 0.8h

Core Damage is a powerful CPU stress tester that executes instructions at the maximum possible rate to reduce idling and increase heat output. This is the fastest and most effective way to check the cooling system and determine stability of an overclocked CPU under stressful conditions.

* Fixed the broken window redrawing glitch

* Includes an installer

http://damage.vigilantesoftware.com/downloads/coredmg08h.exe

οι υπερμαχοι του linpack να δοκιμασουν και να μας πουν ποιο ειναι καλυτερο :D

εμενα παντως με εψησε!

[ATTACH]4526[/ATTACH]

post-543-1414343226,3411_thumb.jpg

EVGA Precision 1.4.0

The new 1.4.0 version includes:

* EVGA On-Screen Display Server has been updated to version 3.0.0. New server supports skinned user interface (more skins coming soon!) and provides more quick and easy beginner friendly access to On-Screen Display customization features. The server's On-Screen Display profiles are upgradable now and no longer lost after installing new version of Precision.

* New version of skin engine improves compatibility with third party skins and gives more freedom to skin creators, allowing creating animated buttons.

* Now the first graph is automatically selected when opening monitoring tab in advanced Precision settings to make On-Screen Display, G15 LCD and tray icon monitoring settings more simple for beginners.

download.jpg

RealTemp 2.90 RC5

A couple of minor fixes so the MHz will continue to be updated correctly during a CPU Cool Down Test. Also included the MHz in the XS Bench window so you can collect these little windows like football or hockey cards. You can check back a month later to make sure your CPU is not degrading.

download.jpg

Rivatuner 2.22

Version 2.22:

Minor bugfixes:

* Fixed bug in LM63.dll plugin, causing empty graphs with no data to be displayed in hardware monitoring module and introduced during porting the plugin to multi-GPU architecture in version 2.20.

* Multifunction PCI devices are no longer scanned and no longer detected as multi-GPU devices.

* Fixed pipeline count detection code for NVIDIA G98 GPU family.

What's new:

* Added ForceWare 181.xx drivers family support.

* Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 180.87, 180.88 and 181.00.

* Updated bundled RivaTunerStatisticsServer v3.0.0 utility

* Improved installer and uninstaller:

download.jpg

TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.3.1

* Fixed crash on systems without NVAPI (Win 2K, old NV drivers)

* Optimized RV770 BIOS reading code for speed (faster application startup)

* Improved voltage reading code for recent ATI cards

* Added support for fan speed monitoring on ForceWare 180.xx and up

* Added voltage monitoring for NVIDIA (GT200)

* Changed reading method for RV770 sensors, fixes race conditions with other software and on-board fan control

* NVIDIA 9800 GTX+ listed as 55nm now

* Added support for Intel Q43/Q45

* Added support for NVIDIA Quadro FX 4700 X2, GTX 295, GTX 285

* Added preliminary support for NVIDIA GT212, GT214, GT215, GT216, GT218

download.jpg

Fraps 2.9.8

- Fixed crash on installation for some users

- Fixed Fraps not working with Combat Arms

- Fixed counter not switching properly between multiple active 3D applications

- Fixed Fraps not detecting windowed games while monitoring DWM

- Systray icon now turns red while recording

- Minor optimizations and bug fixes

- Reduced memory footprint of 64-bit version of Fraps

download.jpg

RealTemp 2.90 RC8

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3558472#post3558472

I thought I was done with the RC versions but then I found a minor bug or two and while I was fixing, I decided now was a good time to add on another feature or two.

I've added GPU Temperature monitoring to RealTemp but only if you're using an Nvidia card.

If you want to know everything there is to know about your graphics card then GPU-Z or RivaTuner would be my first choice.

If you just need a quick look at your GPU temperature, then RealTemp might be good enough.

rt290rc8zg7.png

I didn't want to re-design the GUI for this feature so CPUID info will change to GPU info a few seconds after start up.

If you hover the mouse just below this new information then you should see something like this pop-up:

gpureportiv0.png

Nothing too fancy. If you have an Nvidia card and don't want any GPU temperature information then use this in the INI file:

NoGPU=1

RealTemp is designed so it will report the highest GPU temperature when using SLI. If you have 2 or 3 cards, hopefully it will find and report the highest GPU temp. If you use SLI, post a screen shot of RealTemp along with another monitoring program to show that this is working properly.

The second alarm in RealTemp has been changed so that now you can monitor and shutdown your computer independently based on either your CPU temperature or your GPU temperature. rge thought that would be a good idea since he's lost one graphics card too many due to a water cooling failure.

The log file should contain an extra column now with GPU temperature info. It will be the column on the far right.

There is also an extra system tray icon now for GPU temperatures and that should show Min/Max/Avg like the other tray icons.

There was a fix or two for Atom processors and a fix for Core i7 when two cores are disabled in the bios. Probably not too many people who would want to do that but RealTemp should report the correct number of cores now when this happens and hyper threading is enabled. I also added a feature so the Clock Modulation setting will be saved when RealTemp exits and restored when the program starts. A laptop owner told me he needed this to protect his important parts. When RealTemp is not running, Clock Modulation is NOT enabled.

OK, I think 2.90 is finally finished. Unless I hear about some more bugs.

download.jpg

FurMark 1.6.0

FurMark is updated to 1.6.0 version now. In FurMark’s folder you will find two executables: FurMark.exe and etqw.exe. etqw.exe is just a copy/paste of FurMark renamed in etqw. Why etqw? Just because it’s one of the most popular OpenGL applications.

Main updates:

- New: added a GPU temperature monitoring graph in stability test mode.

- New: added a checkbox to enable post-processing effect in stability test mode. Post-processing effect shader is loaded from the file post-processing-fx.xml. So if you know GLSL programming, you can customize this effect shader. See on Geeks3D.com for a complete tutorial.

- New: added OpenGL 3.0 support. If OpenGL 3.0 is detected, the rendering is done via an OpenGL 3.0 context.

- New: added new interface translations. See FurMark Interface Translations @ oZone3D.Net Forums for more details.

- New: added start and end GPU temperatures logging in benchmark mode.

- Change: little interface reorganization to better handle translations with long text blocks.

download.jpg

MemSet v4.0 beta4

-Use WinRing0 driver.

-Interface is the same for all chipsets/CPUs.

-Add support for Intel Core i7 CPU (Reading only).

-Loading time was improved.

-Improve frequency reading on Core i7.

-Improved reading SPD info on DDR2 & DDR3.

-Fixe frequency reading on some Core 2 Duo CPU.

CPU-Tweaker v:1.0 beta6/ 2000 / XP /Vista 32&64 bits

Only for Processor with Integrated Memory Controller:

-AMD Phenom DDR2 & DDR3.

-INTEL Core i7 DDR3. (Timings and frequency Reading only)

cputweaker.jpg

download.jpg

RealTemp 2.90 RC9

Maybe this version should be called, "the return of the missing cores." I'm hoping for that anyhow.

rge did a lot of testing for me today and noticed that his board assigns threads to cores in a very random order at times.

The theory is that this helps spread the work load to all of the cores. If RealTemp is properly finding the cores again, then it should organize them into the correct physical order.

The bug with C1E/EIST should be fixed and the code I added to handle the Q9100 processors that screwed up the detection code for the QX6800 has been fixed too.

download.jpg

MemSet 4.0

-Use WinRing0 driver.

-Running under Windows 7 has been improved.

-Interface is the same for all chipsets/CPUs.

-Add support for Intel Core i7 CPU (Reading only).

-Loading time was improved.

-Improve frequency reading on Core i7.

-Improved reading SPD info on DDR2 & DDR3.

-Fixe frequency reading on some Core 2 Duo CPU.

download.jpg

Core Temp 0.99.4

Version 0.99.4 - 19th January, 2009

Major changes:

Completely rewritten base code.

Core Temp is now available in both 32 and 64 bit versions.

- Add: CPU detection improved, efficiency improved, speed improved, clock speed detection improved.

- Add: Initial support for Core i5 (Lynnfield).

- Add: Automatically detect Core i7/i5 series TjMax.

- Add: Show real-time TDP of Core i7 processors (still needs work).

- Add: Alternative clock speed detection for Core 2, i7 and i5 series and up.

- Add: Support for all currently available and some future processor families. (Intel & AMD)

- Add: Temperature changes color when temperatures hit high levels to alert the user. (Orange = hot, Red = critical)

- Add: Show (!) besides the temperature of a core which hit critical temp as a notification of past overheating.

- Add: Invalid temperature values are followed by (?) for both Intel and AMD.

- Add: AMD AM2+ 65nm processors get a 21c offset to fix incorrect temperature reporting (info from AMD).

- Add: AMD Black Edition processors identified by "BE" suffix after PR rating.

- Add: Display time and date on G15 LCD.

- Add: Complete DPI awareness - Core Temp GUI now scales perfectly with any DPI setting.

- Add: Rewritten algorithm for "Register dump" function, works much faster and more accurate (no ghost devices).

download.jpg x32

download.jpg x64

• 2 weeks later...

OCCT Perestroïka 3.0.0

Changelog (Since 2.0.1) :

MAJOR FEATURES

* OCCT's main UI has been completly revamped

* Graphs now shows a 2nd line showing the CPU usage / FPS during the test.

* CPU usage is now instantaneous instead of an average since the start of the test

* OCCT now has 5 different tests. The descriptions are at the end of the changelog

USER INTERFACE

* Entirely revamped - now based on tabs, and completly modular

* Now has a small help module - just move your mouse around OCCT's window, you'll see

MONITORING

* The built-in engine has been updated - lots of new hardware are now supported

* Alot of bugs are fixed, included the famous "3 cores out of 4 detected"

GRAPHS

* Graphs now shows a second line showing the CPU usage/FPS during the test

* A legend explains everything

* The test configuration is now entirely present in the graph's subtitles

TESTS DESCRIPTION

CPU:OCCT

* The original, inherited from previous versions of OCCT

* Now Core i7 compatible

* Optimized

CPU:LINPACK

* The very same as IntelBurnTest, based on a test provided by Intel

* It will make your CPU hotter than never !

* 32 and 64 bits support

GPU:3D

* Home-made test written in Direct3d that will make your GPU really hot - this test is similar to ATITool and Furmark (thanks to Furmark and JegX for his support and for the aborted partnership ;) )

* Will make your graphic card real hot - especially the GPU

* Has an error detection mode similar to ATITool

* SLI and Crossfire support (Just enable Fullscreen mode !)

GPU:Memtest

* Again, Home-made test written in CUDA that'll launch a MemTest86 or MemTest86+ like test on your Graphic card memory and report any error found

* Requires a Nvidia Graphic Card, and a GeForce 8 or Higher !

Power Supply

* Dedicated to power supplies - it'll launch GPU:3D and CPU:LINPACK at the same time to load your power supply. BEWARE, THIS TEST IS REALLY DEMANDING !

* WARNING, DO NOT USE THIS TEST WITH NO-NAME POWER SUPPLY, AS A FEW DEATHS HAVE ALREADY BEEN REPORTED !

* This tests demands 30 to 40% more power than crysis on a quad-core system with an SLI graphic system installed...

Enjoy !

screen-officiel-v3.0.0.png

download.jpg