Help for improving my Spi 1 MB result

I want to improve my Spi 1 Mb score,as the title says,for which i'm seeking your help.

Ok,so look what i got and what i've obtained untill now:

IT's a low clock result,4.0 ghz,nothing more,so increasing the speed of the proccesor it's out of the question

1.Configuration

I7 920@3999.2 Mhz

Ram 1700 5-6-5-15-44-1T

Mobo E760 Classified

Spi 1 mb=9.953s

attachment.php?attachmentid=25172&d=1329763895

2.Tweaks :

Customized xp32b for spi 1 mb, from this site :D, courtesy from a friend.

2.1.Lsc(0 or 1,both tried)

2.2.Maxxmem+Wazaa(ocxspitweaker) best efficiency found at 1800 mb,cdt IV,33s D:->C:->D ,maxxmem at 85 mb

2.3.Afinity + priority

2.4.Gui Theme (silver is improving the result more then others.)

2.5.Minimized window

2.6.registry tweaks

2.7,Defrag of the hdd

2.8.consecutive run's of 16K untill best one it's catched and after that 1 mb run.

2.9.killing explorer before run of spi 1 mb (doesn't improve anything in my case)

2.10.Taskmanager put on low priority and afinity on core 0,minimized to background when spi is running.

2.11.the videocard -no hardware acceleration

2.12.msconfig-selective startup,activated only what was necesary,activated also themes.

Ps:some of them didn't worked as i expected ,so i didn't use them.

ramdiskxp didn't use also,left it as a last option.

i will update as soon as i remember if i forgot some of them :D.

reinstalled the windows and tried different version several times,sticked to this one,best results untill now.

9.953 i've obtained several times,i need to go under 9-937 so this is the whole purpose of this thread.

i need your opinions/advices,thx in advance.

if you don´t mind me asking...

why do you want to achieve a better score? it´s seems to me like a lot of trouble for a gain of just 0,3s...

the memory timings are tight enough, so i don´t think you can push them any further..and since the cpu won´t be getting any higher i think you´ve just hit a wall!

it's about a competition(no prizes,just the pride),now i'm third place,the other contestans have less capable ram so let's suppose i have an advantage with this,but i lack in efficiency.....which i want to improve with your help.

the subtimings i've improved a little bit,but no difference in the final result.

first place-9.937

second place-9.953

think like this,if i improve my efficiency in a low clock competition,for sure i will know how to improve at a higher clock,it's not everything about frequencies......

is there a chance you can get a higher QPI clock than 3790Mhz?

i do not think you can get better results since your cpu is maxed out and your memory timings seem pretty tight.

from what i know,besides cpu and ram,uncore makes the diference and it's already at 4440...please explain how it will help me increasing the qpi link(With Nehalem, a QPI link will be exclusively dedicated to transfers of data to peripherals....).thx.

What if you try higher frequency at the ram???!!!Can your ram run at 2100mhz?

i've tried,but better results with tight timings as you see in the screen.

thanks,i was a user of this forum for some time now,i admitt mostly for the sales area because most of the sections from over here i do not understandit's quite difficult to learn greek :).

I was thinking of upgrade to a ssd,but for the moment no funds left,so in the absence of that i want to try everything else.

i've put the screens with the other 2 competitors to see their efficiency,if a would have the same,for sure i will obtain under 9.900 because of the ram and the tight latency.

the versions of ramdiskxp which i found over internet didn't work,a have errors on installing the program or to run it.

tried today with gilisoft Ramdisk,it works but no improvement....

i think i have to put a fresh install of windows because on this one i cannot reach even the result i did before,all my attempts were stucked at 9.969.....

i've managed to lower the subtimings a little bit and the tRP at 4(5-6-4-44-1N). didn't succeed to boot with a higher qpi link raport nor with a higher uncore.

if it's a question for me,than the answer is yes,it matters.

If you want higher frequencies it is the logical answer that you can obtain it with a good cooling solution,for the moment for what i need i have air cooling(Phanteks cpu cooler) +3 ebm Papst 160 cfm on ram,nbb,it's more than sufficient for what i'm trying to do.

some pics :D :

71iutu.jpg

2b9ow8.jpg

2en2dk0.jpg

okpnjo.jpg

Archived