Cheapest upgrade from 6600GT ?

squid

If you have AGP you should go for 6800GS, or 6800GT. If you want something a little more powerful check the oncoming 7800 for AGP.

On the other hand for the PCIe the 7800GT is the best value for money

I agree with you 100%

I think that the best card for agp would be a 6800gs

For pci express slot,i'd rather of course say 7800 gt,since it is quite cheaper than a 7800 gtx , with comparable performances

But you didn't mention;How much money you can spend for your vga card?

my mobo supports both. since cost is of the essense here i might sacrifice resell value and go for an AGP if theres considerable cost difference with its closest PCIe rival . I am hoping to keep cost to around 200 € (without FPA probably) , what i care is that it has

16 pipes

256 mb ram

256 bit bus

full dx 9.0c compatible

i dont mind AGP or PCIe, ATI or nVidia

And as i said i am trying to figure out the cheapest solution

Μόνο η agp gs ξεκλειδώνει και όχι εγγυημένα αλλά ούτως ή άλλως δεν αξίζει διότι και πιο ακριβή από την pci-e είναι, και τον παλιό nv40 πυρήνα έχει (γι' αυτό και ξεκλειδώνει) και χαμηλότερη συχνότητα έχει (375 vs 425 ή 485 αν μιλάμε για την xfx που πρότεινα με τα 210) και δεν κλοκάρει και τόσο όσο η pci-e με τν nv42 (αν θυμάμαι καλά) πυρήνα.

Δηλαδή με λίγα λόγια xfx 6800gs pci-e είναι πρότασή μου γιατί υπερτερεί από όλες τις απόψεις παρά τα 12 pipelines.

χα φαινετε δεν ειδες το νεο 3dmark...

κοιταξτε τι βρηκα σε ενα αλλο φορουμ

True, but apparently the sm3 implementation on the 6800 series isnt that good. The 7800 is something like 50% more efficient. You have to wonder, performance wise, whether in next gen games it would be better to run sm2 than sm3 with a 6800.

My old 6800gt struggled with hdr in farcry, to the point where i didnt bother with it any longer. Its a bit like the 5200 with dx9 support. Pointless really, doesnt have enough grunt to take advantage of it.

πωπω ζαλαδα θα με πιασει παλι lol

Ti ακριβως δινει περισσοτερο αερα στο μηχανημα, επεξεργαστική ισχύ, ταχυτητα, τα Pipelines ή τa MHz ? Tα ΗDR και SM3 ειναι eye candy και δεν αφορουν βελτιωση της ταχυτητας ?

κοιταξτε τι βρηκα σε ενα αλλο φορουμ

πωπω ζαλαδα θα με πιασει παλι lol

Ti ακριβως δινει περισσοτερο αερα στο μηχανημα, επεξεργαστική ισχύ, ταχυτητα, τα Pipelines ή τa MHz ? Tα ΗDR και SM3 ειναι eye candy και δεν αφορουν βελτιωση της ταχυτητας ?

ειδικά το HDR τελείως eye candy....ακόμα δε κατάλαβα όμως....θες agp η pci-e?

σε agp h 6800GS λέει....

σε pci-e η 6800GS στα 200 € μαμάει....

found also this one :

Although sm3 can enable more eye candy, do you think a 6800gs is fast enough to use it? In the link you posted, B&W2 has the same IQ in sm3 as sm2.1, and in AOE3 the IQ is better, but what about the performance?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/games-2005_4.html

The only playable resolution on a 6800gt is 1024x768, and that's without AA or AF. Once you add AA the performance literally drops in half, and the 6800gt is even slower than the x1600xt. If anyone really wants to play with SM3 eye candy, I'd strongly advise getting a 7800 series card or x1800/x1900.

απ'οτι φαινεται η 6800 GS υπολειπεται καπως σε καθαρα θεμα framerates σε σχεση με μια X800 GTO2 ξεκλειδωμενη (16 ...πιπες εναντι 12 της 6800 GS) και πουσαρισμενη σε Χ800 ΧΤ PE αλλά απο την άλλη προσφερει καλυτερη υποστηριξη σε Open GL εφαρμογές (παιχνίδα. Αραγε και στα προγραμματα 3D?) και δινει προσβαση στα νεα eye candy HDR και SM3 τα οποια αν και η δυναμη της κατα πολλους δεν ειναι αρκετη για να τα υποστηριξει αξιοπρεπως σε καποιες περιπτωσεις ισως πιθανα να το κανει (καποιοι λενε για το Pacific Fighters, SM3 & OGL, γενικα ειμαι των εξομοιωτων)

Οποτε η GS ειναι συγκριτικα μια πιο ολοκληρωμενη all round λυση ενω η Χ800GTO2 χρησιμη σε καποιους που θελουν πολυ συνκεκριμενα πραγματα, οπως το καλυτερο FPS και ειναι κολλημενοι με το HL2 κλπ

Eπίσης και η GS πουσαρεται αρκετα, ακομη και σε επιπεδα ultra. Stock cooling παντα.

καλα καταλαβα ?

Archived