[Greek Gatherings 03-4-2016] Monza - Mercedes C9 Sauber

Billys

Έκανα λίγο τον χαζούλη και ανέφερα το θέμα με τα ελαστικά στον χθεσινό αγώνα κ πήρα απάντηση.

liakjim said :

This vKM methodology troubles me. Sometimes i can't understand why in a race, the soft compound is better option than medium or hard.

example - > http://managerdc2.rackservice.org:50299/sessiondetails?sessionid=7307#

race was a 25lap (45') race in Monza with C9. Tarmac temperature was 40C.
Look at drivers 1-4. They were with softs!!!!
Driver No5 which is equally fast as a guy, he used mediums for the whole race, he did zero mistakes and he ended 90'' after 1st guy!!! He lost more than 2secs a lap (ok with this), but how is it possible that softs with 95% grip, managed to finished the race?
Even more, Akis made his fastest lap at 1-2 laps before the end of race!!!!
Driver 4, he started with hards, was unable to heat them, he did a pitstop with softs and still passed driver 5 who had still mediums!!!!

So even if the race was 1hour long, it would be still best to just put softs, do a pitstop and still win.

So i am asking, when will mediums or hards tyres will be best as option?

Aristotelis said :

Well, plenty of things to consider, there might be a bug or a value to balance out, but before going into this, let's consider all the other factors.
- 25laps are not that much of a long distance for endurance tyres. I mean a soft F.abarth tyre will not have the same duration as a soft prototype C tyre that is made for races of 24hours.
- Monza has long straights and generally low speed short turns or chicanes (with the exception of parabolica). So tyres have time to cool down.
- Monza requires low downforce, so tyres do not heat up from load as much as on other tracks (ok not much of an issue with the C9 that doesn't have so big downforce range from low to full... it always produces tons of downforce in any case :p )
- 40°C asphalt means around 27°C ambient... not particularly hot for Monza... almost spring :p
- Obviously driving style makes a big difference. If the extra grip from the softs, could make the car more planted and the drivers smoother, it could be that the soft would go to the limit of the overheat while the medium, not overheating at all, wouldn't be able to outperform the soft for just 24 laps.

Obviously as I said before, it might be a balance issue of the tyres in the sim for that specific car... not excluding this. I'l check.
Nevertheless, try the same configuration at Mugello for example and maybe for double the distance or 2x tyre wear. I doubt the softs would be the better choice

• Like 8

2 hours ago, liakjim said:

Nevertheless, try the same configuration at Mugello for example and maybe for double the distance or 2x tyre wear. I doubt the softs would be the better choice

Τα λεγα εγώ να δοκιμάσετε στο Mugello.. :p

Ούτε την επιφάνεια του sim δεν έχουμε ξύσει και βιαζόμαστε να βρούμε bugs

Έγινε επεξεργασία από akis_z80
  • Like 2