UBUNTU/KUBUNTU 5.10 Breezy Badger announced officially

ea6gka

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kαι φυσικα δουλευει και το ShipIt !!! Αυτην την φορα παιζει και "approval", οποτε 60αρες και γενικα μεγαλες παραγγελιες ξεχαστε τες...

Παραγγειλα σημερα 13/10...για να δουμε !

• 4 weeks later...
Αρχική απάντηση από bourlas

υπαρχει ενα μικρο προβληματακι με τις ΑΤΙ καρτες γραφικων και ειναι χωρις accelaration

οδηγιες και λυση εδω http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=review-ubuntu

Πηγα να κανω εγκατασταση το ubuntu 5,10 απο την εκθεση. Και ειχα προβλημα με τους οδηγους τις Ατι (x800gto2). Κατεβασα καποιους οδηγους αλλα δεν εβγαλα ακρη στο πως μπαινουν. Εριξα μια γρηγορη ματια στο παραπανω λινκ, αλλα παλι δεν εβγαλα ακρη. Υποψιν εκτος απο το knoppel δεν εχω αλλη εμπειρια απο linux.... :confused:

EDIT:

Εαν δεν κανω λαθος αυτο το μερος αναφερεται στο προβλημα μου:

The most serious bug still on my pending list concerns the video driver. Although the installer correctly identified my video card as radeon, I noticed that performance in graphics mode was sluggish. I attempted to confirm this by running glxgears, which revealed a further surprise - if you launch glxgears in an xterm on Hoary Hedgehog, it will report frame rate, but on Breezy Badger it fails to do so. I later learned that you can force it to do so by running the command:

glxgears -printfps

That's all very nice, but I discovered to my chagrin that when (using my mouse) I attempted to drag the window with the spinning gears, Ubuntu froze. I no longer had a mouse cursor and the keyboard was dead. Only a hard reboot could restore the system to normal. I repeated this experiment several times, with the same fatal result.

I have found the fix for the problem, but this bug definitely needs to be addressed by the developers. First, I searched for (and then installed) an accelerated video driver for the Radeon card. To find out what was available for Radeon, I did this:

bob@x31:~> apt-cache search radeon

xserver-xorg-driver-ati - X.Org X server -- ATI driver

fglrx-control - Control panel for the ATI graphics accelerators

xorg-driver-fglrx - Video driver for ATI graphics accelerators

xorg-driver-fglrx-dev - Video driver for ATI graphics accelerators

(devel files)

gatos - ATI All-in-Wonder TV capture software

radeontool - utility to control ATI Radeon backlight functions

on laptops

Then I checked to see if xorg-driver-fglrx was installed (it was not):

bob@x31:~> dpkg --get-selections | grep xorg-driver-fglrx

So then I installed it:

root@x31:~> apt-get install xorg-driver-fglrx

With the new driver, my video performance has improved and glxgears no longer crashes the system. However, esoteric bugs like this could easily blow away even experienced geeks, let alone newbies. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Βασικα καταλαβα που θα τα γραψω αυτα που λεει (νομιζω), αλλα δεν καταλαβα που θα βαλω τον driver που κατεβασα... :o

:unsure: Εαν εχω πει κοτσανα μη βαρατε... :tomato:

Archived